First time visitors can start exploring WikEmacs. We have added lots of useful pages since the launch of WikEmacs.
We need more WikEmacs Contributors. You can help the following way.
- Priority tasks
- Migrate content from EmacsWiki. Please adopt the following approach -I found this on EmacsWiki which was helpful. But it took me a lot of time to find it. Now that I have found it, I will put it in WikEmacs so that others can benefit from it.
- Intermediate tasks
- Other tasks
The latest stable release of Emacs is Emacs-24.3.
 Explore WikEmacs
To explore WikEmacs proceed as follows:
- Search for or visit a page of interest
- At the end of the page, there is a list of categories
- Click on individual categories and it will give you a list of all pages that will be of interest to you.
 What is your comfort level with Emacs?
- Vim User
 What do you want to accomplish now?
 What do you use Emacs for?
- Text Editing
- Document authoring
- Getting Organized
 How do you involve yourself with the community?
 Help build WikEmacs
The following are suggestions for articles to write, along with the page of the GNU Emacs manual which documents this feature. (Note: it's possible that an article for a given topic exists already under a different name. In that case, please ensure that the article includes the link to the manual page, and then remove the topic from this list.)
- Command-line startup options ( and )
- Built-in help ()
- Registers ()
- Searching for text in a buffer ()
- Fixing typos ()
- Keyboard macros ()
- Windows within a frame ()
- Frames ()
- International character sets ()
- Indentation ()
- Editing source code ()
- Building software ()
- Maintaining source code repositories ()
- Abbrevs ()
- Dired ()
- Calendars and diaries ()
- Sending mail ()
- Rmail ()
- Gnus ()
- Document viewer ()
- Shell commands withing Emacs ()
- Emacs server ()
- Printing ()
- Sorting ()
- Picture mode ()
- Editing binary files ()
- Saving Emacs sessions ()
- Recursive editing ()
- Emulating other text editors ()
- Hyperlinking within Emacs ()
- Games and fun ()
- Installing additional packages ()
- Customising Emacs ()
- Cancelling commands ()
- If Emacs is malfunctioning ()
- Reporting bugs ()
- Contributing to GNU Emacs ()
- Getting help from others ()