Difference between revisions of "Emacs Wiki"
Revision as of 06:49, 2 November 2012
Alex Schroeder is the administrator of Emacs wiki. It is hosted by Thinkmo in Germany. The first edit was made in **2001-05-14**. The Internet Archive Wayback Machine agrees and has a snapshot for **2001-06-09**.
The Emacs Wiki is located at http://www.emacswiki.org/, or http://purl.org/wiki/emacs/, or http://emacswiki.wikiwikiweb.de/, if emacswiki.org is down. This is a virtual hosting environment, therefore you need to use HTTP/1.1 to access the site.
You can reach the provider at http://www.wikiwikiweb.de/ and http://www.thinkmo.de/. If you notice page corruption or other problems, however, send mailto:email@example.com or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. The webmaster of emacswiki.org is also the webmaster of all the other virtual hosts.
At the moment AlexSchroeder is paying for the server: The people at thinkmo.de are asking for EUR 20 per month which basically covers bandwidth. This wiki and the blogs of my family all run on the emacswiki.org domain and it's using about 10G per month.
There will not be any ads on emacswiki.org.
This wiki runs Oddmuse.
Using a wiki engine written in Lisp or Scheme would have been more in the spirit of Emacs and XEmacs, but Perl is ubiquitous, and Oddmuse is just one single Perl script, easy to install.
17 1 * * * /home/aschroeder/bin/sitemap 14 2 * * * /home/aschroeder/bin/maintenance 54 3 * * * /home/aschroeder/bin/update-ell 47 6,12 * * * /home/aschroeder/bin/backup 23 9 * * * /home/aschroeder/bin/emacs-cvs-update 38 10 * * * /home/aschroeder/bin/emacs-svn-update 32 * * * * /home/aschroeder/bin/emacs-git-update 57 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23 * * * /home/aschroeder/bin/emacs-rss
- sitemap -- create a sitemap for Google
- maintenance -- run maintenance for the wiki
- update-ell -- update the Wikified Emacs Lisp List
- backup -- update the Rsync repository
- emacs-cvs-update -- update the CVS repository
- emacs-svn-update -- update the SVN repository
- emacs-git-update -- update the Git repository (push)
- archives -- create the tarballs alex.tar.gz and oddmuse.tar.gz -- we no longer do this for Emacs Wiki
- emacs-rss -- create static copies of the most commonly used RSS files