|Author||Dirk-Jan C. Binnema|
|Maintainer||Dirk-Jan C. Binnema|
|Part of Emacs||no|
Mu4e is designed to enable super-efficient handling of e-mail; searching, reading, replying, moving, deleting. It sits on top of your Maildir (which you update with e.g. offlineimap or fetchmail).
Mu4e 0.99 was released in october, 2012.
- Fully search-based: there are no folders, only queries
- UI optimized for speed with quick key strokes for common actions
- Fully documented, with example configurations
- Asynchronous: heavy actions never block emacs
- Write rich-text e-mails using org-mode (experimental)
- Address auto-completion based on your messages – no need for managing address books
- Extendable in many places using custom actions