Difference between revisions of "Ncl"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
Revision as of 01:50, 29 December 2013
|Description||ncl-mode for editing NCL files.|
|Author||name of author|
|Maintainer||ncl folks (forked version by Yagnesh)|
|Part of Emacs||no|
NCL (NCAR Command Language) is a popular language in the field of Earth science. It processes and displays scientific data efficiently. .
NOTE: There are two version of ncl.el. One is the official version by NCL folks which contains only ncl.el. The forked version contains few fixes to ncl.el and and ncl-doc el and other goodies to be used by other Emacs packages
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\.ncl$" . ncl-mode) auto-mode-alist)) (autoload 'ncl-mode "~/bin/ncl.el")
ncl-doc minor mode helps you read NCL documentation from UCAR website
to start ncl-doc-mode for each ncl buffer add the following your .emacs
(require 'ncl-doc) (add-hook 'ncl-mode-hook (lambda () (ncl-doc-minor-mode 1)))
- [C-c C-s] (or M-x ncl-doc-query-at-point)
- This function does few things.
- 1) It prompts for a string/keyword and collects a given string
- 2) It tries to find a URL for the given string
- + if it finds URL for the string call the browser to open that URL
- + If no URL is found, then goes on to search for the given string.
- + Displays all search matches in separate buffer category wise. In that buffer RET in any search match will call browser for take you to that page.
- + If no matches found for a given string it leaves you there
- [C-c C-o] (or M-x ncl-doc-query-open)
- Use this function you lets you choose from the all keywords ncl-doc has in its database and takes you to that page.