|Description||GTD and document authoring package/markup language|
|Author||name of author|
|Part of Emacs||yes (likely be out of date)|
Org is an Emacs mode for keeping notes, maintaining TODO lists, project planning, outlining, and authoring with a fast and effective plain-text system. Org Mode is simple enough to start using right away, but provides tons of advanced features to support a wide variety of tasks and workflows.
Org-Mode is distributed with Emacs (since Emacs 22.2). This project is under active development and new releases are often available.
- Simple plain text markup for hierarchical documents.
- Built-in table editor: easily format tables and work with spreadsheets in plain text.
- Extensible hyperlinking: create cross-references, link to external resources, and more.
- Capture system: create templates to quickly capture and file notes and tasks.
- Sequences of TODO-style keywords for task progress tracking.
- Tags, priorities and properties to categorize, sort, filter, and search.
- Custom project views using Org's Agenda.
- Convenient date/time handling for timestamps, deadlines, and scheduling.
- Clock support to track time spent on projects.
- Export from plain-text to a variety of formats (HTML, LaTeX, DocBook, etc).
- Embedded source blocks: edit code blocks in-line with the appropriate mode. Execute code blocks to generate content. Org can even be used for literate programming.
- Mobile support providing a subset of Org capabilities on iOS and Android devices.
The Org-Mode project maintains excellent documentation and has an active community.