IMPORTANT: Offline discussion
There is a Google group for discussion of the site: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/wikemacs so we should probably favor posting there. PhilHudson 16:16, 26 March 2012 (EEST)
I would like to structure the Main Page in boxes like here  the Featured Article/Project. Any objections? And maybe User:Bozhidar should write some lines about the relation to the "old" EmacsWiki?--Kenda 19:58, 24 March 2012 (EET)
This seems like a good idea. Might help us utilize better the screen estate. As for the relation to the EmacsWiki - it is more or less non-existing. We have the permission from Alex (kensanata) to migrate any content we choose to, but they won't be supporting us in any way. Bozhidar 20:28, 26 March 2012 (EEST)
Could/should we have a convention for formatting and placement of wikipedia links on pages? PhilHudson 22:37, 24 March 2012 (EET)
Similar question to Wikipedia wrt EmacsWiki PhilHudson 23:06, 24 March 2012 (EET)
Describing Modes and Packages
I'd like to suggest *not* suffixing (links to) modes with "-mode". Thus: "org" not "org-mode". For consistency I've been adding links titled "org-mode" until now, since that one was already created when I started. PhilHudson 22:09, 24 March 2012 (EET)
- Agreed, let's use the "friendly" name of a package. I'd say "Org", "Gnus", "YASnippet", etc. GregLucas
- Hm, good point about disambiguation... I still like the idea of using "titles" vs "commands", though. E.g. a Java page describing the built-in support (Java Mode) and then linking to articles on related packages (JDEE, etc) and why you might consider them instead. GregLucas 19:32, 25 March 2012 (EEST)
Template for mode-with-github-source pages?
Can Wikimedia do page templates? I'm sure the answer is yes. PhilHudson 23:07, 24 March 2012 (EET)
- The "Editing Help" link goes to a virgin page, not the full help page.
- Add Mediawiki Cite extension to enable footnotes.
- Add Category Tree extension to explore various categories like Category:Programming languages.
- I've already installed it, but it doesn't seem to work properly (the fonts seem terribly small) and it doesn't support Emacs Lisp. Bozhidar 20:24, 26 March 2012 (EEST)
- Are you sure the font size is not because of your web browser settings? They look just fine when I try it. About the Elisp support, we can still use just "lisp" until someone gets around to writing a version for Elisp. damd 18:44, 31 March 2012 (EEST)
fails to create thumbnails
I think some adminstative settings must be made in order to produce thumbnails of the pictures automatically. Can anyone do this .? check out Dictem to see what I am talking about. Kindahero 16:21, 31 March 2012 (EEST)
- found this link, http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuration_settings#Thumbnail_settings Kindahero 16:24, 31 March 2012 (EEST)
- another link, http://www.mwusers.com/forums/showthread.php?1334-Resized-thumbnail-images-not-displaying Feel free to delete these links Kindahero 16:28, 31 March 2012 (EEST)