Windows within a frame
Revision as of 22:54, 30 March 2014 by 22.214.171.124
In emacs, you can have multiple windows within a frame. You can split frames vertically or horizontally. The newly created window will contain the buffer that you were in when you split the frame and your point will remain in the original window.
- [C-x 2] (or M-x split-window-below)
- Split frame vertically
- [C-x 3] (or M-x split-window-right)
- Split frame horizontally
- [C-x o] (or M-x other-window)
- Switch focus to next window
- [C-x 0] (or M-x delete-window)
- Close current window.
- [C-x 1] (or M-x delete-other-windows)
- Close every window except the one currently in focus.